Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A New Favorite City

In June, I got to experience another first – a trip to the one and only Boston, MA. Brady and I spent one week there and I felt like I only got a taste of what this city has to offer. Not only does everyone speak in those cool accents (I felt like I was in a Mark Wahlburg movie the whole time), but there is so much history and beauty there! Here are a few of the memories we made:

Red Sox Pride –
I mean, we couldn’t go to Boston and NOT go to a Red Sox game, right?! And can I just say that it was just as cool as you probably imagine. It was the epitome of a good old-fashioned American ball game. We enjoyed a Fenway Park hotdog, belted “Sweet Caroline” with a packed crowd, and celebrated when the Red Sox beat the Minnesota Twins. One of my favorite things about Fenway was the atmosphere right outside the park. The streets are filled with die-hard Red Sox fans, hot dog stands, and lots of fun restaurants and bars.


Loved this whole experience! 



A City Full of History –
We could have spent our whole vacation learning about the history that is in this town. Unfortunately, we only had one day to dive into it. We spent it walking The Freedom Trail, visiting Paul Revere’s house, sitting in the old Statehouses where citizens met during the Revolution, and touring “Old Ironsides” - the world’s oldest commissioned warship afloat.


It was a crazy feeling walking along these streets where so much has taken place.


The site of the Boston Massacre. 


This balcony was where the Declaration of Independence was read for the first time to citizens. 


Steering "Old Ironsides"


Unexpected Beauty –
Really, how beautiful are these?







Boston Pops Symphony –
This was my first time attending a symphony and it was amazing. Brady's company set up a private dinner and concert and I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little spoiled (definitely not complaining ha ha). The orchestra played classical, swing, and oldie favorites. Can you guess what this one is? (sorry for the bad picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment